Happy new year to you and your families. As we enter 2017, iAngels is grateful for your attention and eager to hear your feedback about the Monthly Deal Digest. What do you like about it? What can we improve? Please feel free to send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This December we tracked 21 announced deals totaling $416m, alongside seven acquisitions for a disclosed $156m. Obvious highlights were Houseparty, Lemonade, Bluevine, Lumus, and Nova Lumos announcing monster rounds, while in parallel Snapchat’s first Israeli acquisition created a new R&D center in Israel.
Read on for the full scoop!
- Intezer Labs, a cybsercurity company providing a visual map of all software running in an organization at any given moment, raised $2m led by Samsung Next and CyberArk co-founder Alon Cohen.
- Nurami Medical, a synthetic tissue developer , raised $650,000 from AMIT, the Technion hub for biomedical innovation.
Series A Rounds
- Capitalise, a platform enabling traders to create and execute trades based on natural language, raised $4m in a round led by Poalim Capital Markets and StageOne Ventures.
- Knowmail, an intelligent email management solution, raised $3.5m led by CE Ventures, with participation from existing investors.
- SecDo, a cybersecurity incident response solution, raised $6m in a round led by RDC, subsidiary of Elron, with participation from Rafael and Checkpoint co-founder and chairman Marius Nacht.
- Gordian Surgical, a laparoscopic surgery closure device, raised $2.25m in a round led by B.Braun with participation from VI Ventures and private investors.
- Breezometer, a leading provider of air quality analytics, raised a $3m round led by Phi Square Ventures with participation from SeedIL, Entree Capital, and Liron Rose.
- Hippo Insurance, an insurtech start-up focused on homeowners, raised a $14m party round led by Horizons Ventures with participation from GGV Capital and 10 other investors.
- RoutePerfect, an online trip planning tool that helps travelers create a custom itinerary, raised $2m from Cyrus Angel Fund, Elevator Ventures, GlenRock, AltaIR Capital, and Meir Caspi.
- xPlenty, a platform enabling SMBs to read and process data from relational databases, raised $4m in a round that included Bain Capital, Rembrandt Ventures, True Ventures, and existing investors. This round enabled xPlenty to acquire Driven, a big data application infrastructure.
- DIR Technologies, a developer of thermography based inspection for pharmaceutial quality assurance, raised $10m from Pfizer Venture Capital.
Series B Rounds
- After extending its seed round by $14m in August, Lemonade, the on-demand home and renter insurance platform turned on the juice in December, announcing a $33m round led by General Catalyst with participation from Thrive Capital, GV, and existing investors.
- Beamr, a provider of encoding and optimization solutions for streaming video providers, extended its Series B round this December, taking another $4m from Verizon Ventures.
- Evercompliant, a cyberintelligence solution helping acquiring bansk and payment service providers to manage merchant-based fraud, raised $9.5m led by Arbor Ventures with participation from Carmel, Nyca, and Star Farm Ventures
- RedHill, a drug development company focused on inflammatory and gastrointestinal diseases, raised $15m in a PIPE from Emc2 Fund.
- Lumus, a developer of optical imaging technology enabling augmented and mixed reality, extended its $15m D round by $30m led by Quanta Computer with participation from HTC and existing investors.
- Houseparty, a group video chat app, pulled in a $52m slug led by Sequoia, with participation from Greylock, Comcast Ventures, and Aleph.
- Bluevine, an invoice financing company focused on SMBs, raised $49m in a round led by Lightspeed with participation from Citi, Greylock, Rakuten, Menlo, and others. This brings its 2016 total to $94m!
- Nova Lumos, an on-demand solar energy company providing affordable energy to off-grid homes in Africa, raised $40m in equity led by Pembani Remgro with participation from Schneider Electric, and ICV, as well as $50m in venture lending from OPIC.
- OrthoSpace, a medical device used to treat rotator cuff injuries, raised $7m in a round led by Johnson and Johnson with participation from existing investors.
- Neovasc, a medical device company addressing cardiovascular disease and complications , raised $75m in a PIPE from Boston Scientific.
- HearMeOut, a social audio platform, raised $5m on the ASX.
- Hanita Coatings, a developer and manufacturer of coating materials, was acquired by Avery Dennison, a leading in global packaging for $75m.
- Cronologics, a smartwatch OS platform started by ex-Googlers, was acquired by Google for an undisclosed amount.
- Framez, an online platform for managing video products, was acquired by Israeli start-up LookAt, which is developing a platform to discuss videos in production, for an undisclosed amount.
- Cimagine, a developer of a mobile AR platform for home and office goods, was acquired by Snapchat, for $35m and will now establish an R&D center in Israel.
- Hexatier, a cloud database security and compliance solution, was acquired by Huawei for $42m.
- RiT technologies, a provider of data center infrastructure management tools, was acquired by YOFC, the world’s largest fiber optic company, in a deal worth about $1m.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest.
If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.
[av_one_fourth first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” av_uid=’av-39rkyf’][/av_one_fourth]